As the airline business is booming, more requirements for airport ground staff are in demand. But not every individual is good enough for this job profile as the management always seeks employees who have done their airport ground staff course from some reputed institute and possess all the required skills that matched their requirements.
It is a certification course that teaches the students everything related to the safety and comfort of the passengers after they visit the airport which also includes assisting them with their queries, checking, assisting disabled patients, etc.
To get admission to the course, students have to qualify for certain criteria before applying for it. For this certification course,
- A student must be appearing or pass 10+2 with any stream or 3-year engineering diploma from any recognized board/university.
- Students who are searching for one of the top institutes of Ground staff in India can qualify for the National level Entrance Test of AME CET.
During the complete course duration of around 11 months, the students have to study various courses where they get the opportunity to learn about performing their duties during working hours from the best professors. This is the reason getting admission to a reputed institute is very important. You get in touch with various experienced and top professionals who teach life lessons which helps a lot in gaining success in the future. Learning such abilities is very important because a ground staff has to perform various important duties along with managing the passenger requirements.
A successful ground staff must have outstanding interpersonal skills along with the great abilities to provide customer care services which is the goal of every airline company. The business is all about serving the customers, providing them with all the required facilities, and making their journey the most comfortable one. To achieve all this, the ground staff must be skilled enough to multitask at the same time. As they have various duties to perform like
- Managing all administrative work.
- Communicating with the client.
- Solving all the queries of the customers.
- Helping customers by making their stay at the airport comfortable.
- Providing all the necessary information to the customer especially if there are any patients, disabled, or small children on the flight.
- helping the customers in boarding their flight, doing all the necessary security checks, and keeping them satisfied with the services.
To perform all these duties efficiently, the ground staff has to learn various subjects in the course which include:
- Airport Division
- Aviation Fundamentals
- Reservation includes Baggage screening and Queue Management
- Check-in Procedures
- Baggage Make-Up Area
- Security Hold Area and boarding gate
- Boarding Gate Formalities and Announcements
- Arrival Procedures
- Ramp Management
- Frequent Flyer Program
- SABRE- Basic Reservations and check-in
Learning everything thoroughly and passing the certification with good marks helps the student to get an opportunity to work with some great airlines. When you work on airport with some reputed airlines, along with paying good, you also get the opportunity to meet famous people.